Friday, April 17, 2009

Japon-esa

The other night in one of my 'bouts of lotion induced tv watching, I noticed that La MTV was actually showing videos for the realz. I mean for realz, for realz. I thought I was hallucinating or something. But sure enough the next day, I realized I had tivoed that shit. Probably cause I was bien emesmerized by this:



I mean this is some hella Danny Zuko, Japones, Chola sniffing AquaNet insanity. It's crazy good and I can't get it out of my head/boy your lovin' is all I think about/I just can't get you out of my head/boy, it's more than I care to think about.

Anywayz, check out those gueritos who sing it Peter Bjorn and John. Bien, Silverlake que no? But the drum and base es bien firme.

I used the intertubes to get my learn on and do an investegacion about the greasers. They are the primos of the zoot suiters after all. Seems as if they are part of a rockabilly movement in Japon. They go to the bien famous Yoyogi Park in Toky-jo to do their folklorico japon-americano on the weekends and the peoples they wachela.

No comments: