Monday, February 13, 2006

Just Like You and Me



I know this is a little late, but I just saw Eva Longoria on Oprah. Let me pause and make an observation. Say what you will about Eva being at the wrong place at the wrong time with everyone from Mario Lopez to J.C. Chasez in the press, this appearance really erased all those nagging questions I had about her. Eva Longoria is a class act, because she did something truly gelat...and she did it on national television. Oprah helped Eva redecorate the new home that she bought for her mom and dad.


Eva had no problem showing us the little ranchito that she grew up in. Eva's dad fed the chickens. Her mom cleaned their humble little kitchen. They even showed us their "pool", a 2 foot deep metal basin that the cows drank out of. Oh, how I related.

Eva told Oprah that she wanted her parents to be touched by the things that she got to experience in her everyday life. Oprah was happy to oblige. In the end, she was so greatful that Eva sponsored a Katrina house. How cool is that?

So props to you Eva for keeping it real. My parents have had multiple Betta Fish Vases in their home too, so I feel you girl. I feel you.



Note to Salma Hayek: The bar has been raised comadre. When are we going to see the humble little home (aka the giant hacienda) in your pueblito in Mexico that you love talking about? We're waiting. Tick tock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Eva Longoria. She makes me proud to be Tejana.