Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Tivo Time

It's fall and that means time for new shows and the return of old favorites. We are talking scripted television here, none of this reality nonsense. I have found that in the vast expanse of cheap thrills that we wade through in the perpetual remote flip, there are gems to be found my friends.

It is a treacherous journey that these little shows travel with sharks that we call programming executives. Those that cannibalize their own product after 3 episodes because they think that we would rather watch reruns of Amish in the City instead of something original and fresh.

Today, I am begging you to take back tv. Let’s watch television, smart television that requires thought, creativity, and speaks to our intelligence. Can’t tv be good for you? Yes it can. So in the spirit of saving quality television, here are a list of great shows you should check out this fall.

Must See New Programming
Jack & Bobby (The WB) Sundays @ 9pm
Desperate Housewives (ABC) Sundays @ 9pm
Veronica Mars (UPN) Tuesdays @ 9pm

Current Programming Not To Miss
The Gilmore Girls (WB) Tuesdays @ 8pm
Dead Like Me (Showtime) Sundays @9pm
Arrested Development (FOX) Sundays @8:30pm


Notice how all the good shows are in the same timeslot on Sunday evenings. Conspiracy, I know. Tivo your way to freedom. Make it happen and tell your friends. There are some winners out there among the Hope & Faith’s, Reba’s, and Commando Nanny’s.

I will take a moment and put a special plug in for a lovely show that is already being hard hit by the ratings. Jack & Bobby is the story of our future President and his road to the White House.

This clever and heartfelt series touches on the relationships between mothers, sons, and brothers. It is well written, thought provoking and worth another look. So give it a look and let the The WB know that they weren’t wrong in picking it up and giving it a shot. This is your chance to save quality television.

1 comment:

Mollie Gamo said...

My word! There is so much TV to watch! I need TiVO!

I saw the pilot of Jack & Booby, oops, I mean Booby, oops there I go again, I mean Bobby. I really liked it. I'm really curious to see how the show pans out. I'm a little disconcerted, though, that Jessica Pare grows up to look like Brenda Wehle (I looked her name up).

I also want to watch Desperate Housewives...but who are these nazi TV execs who think its okay to put the two up against each other? They need to think of the poor assistants who can't afford TiVO. This is horseshit! I think you're right a.ro. It's a conspiracy. They want quality programming to fail. I'm sick and tired of their nazi ways with reality programming...it will never rule TV! It's crap I tell you, CRAP!